As on May 21, 2021
ROOTPLATFORM (OPC) PRIVATE LIMITED is the data controller for the information you provide or is collected through this Platform.
In this privacy statement:
Services mean any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications, and services offered to you by us.
Platform means the websites, mobile apps, mobile sites or other online properties through which we offer our Services.
1 What data do we collect about you?
a. Data provided through direct interactions
Registration and other account information
When you register to use our Services, we may collect your e mail id if you register using your e mail id.
Depending on the choices you make during the log-in to our Services or during the process of engaging our Services, you may opt to give the following additional personal data:
· your name;
· e-mail address;
· mobile number;
· your age;
· about you.
Communication through the chat feature on our Platform
When you use our chat feature to communicate with other users, we collect information that you choose to provide to other users through this feature.
b. Data we collect automatically when you use our Services
When you interact with our Platform or use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
· We collect device-specific information such as operating system version, unique identifiers. For example, the name of the mobile network that you are using. We associate the device identifiers with your GooNearby account.
· Depending on your device permissions, if you post an item on our Platform, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers. Your location data allows you to see user items near you and helps you in posting items within your location. In case we need your location data we will first show you a pop-up which will ask you to choose to allow or not to allow us to access your location data. If you do not allow us to have access to your location data, you will still be able to use our Services but with limited functionality. If you do allow us to access your location data you can always change this later by going to the settings on our mobile App (the Platform) or on your mobile device and disable the permissions related to location sharing.
c. Google Maps
Some parts of Platform may
use Google Maps, your use of such services are subject to the Google Maps
Client and Log data
· Technical details, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone, and operating system. We will also store your login information (registration date, date of last password change, date of last successful login), type and version of your browser.
· We collect information about your activity on our Platform which includes the sites from which you accessed our Platform, date and time stamp of each visit, searches you have performed, listings or advertisement banners you clicked, your interaction with such advertisements or listings, duration of your visit and the order in which you visit the content on our Platform.
Policy on Cookies
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY ON COOKIES CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SITE (www.goonearby.com) OR GooNearby APP
GooNearby uses “cookies” to store specific information about User and track User(s) visits to the apps and sites.
· What are cookies?
For more information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies perform various functions including making navigation easier and storing your preferences to show you relevant content and enhance your general user experience.
· To manage your preferences and to enhance certain features on our Platform. This may include collecting information about the date and time of your visit, your browsing history and your language preference.
· To support our security measures and detect any fraudulent activities.
· To analyse how our Platform is accessed or used and its performance. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve our services.
· To deliver advertisements relevant to you. As cookies help us to regulate the advertisements you see and measure their effectiveness.
· What kind of cookies and other technologies do we use?
Our Platform uses the following categories of cookies and technologies:
· Persistent cookies – these cookies are stored in the browser of your device and are used whenever you visit our Platform. These cookies help us in remembering your settings and preference(s), in order to make your next visit more convenient. For instance, these cookies will ensure that you will not have to log in again. It will also remember the language preference of the users on their next visit.
· Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies archive of your browser until you leave our Platform. The information we receive using these cookies helps us to analyse web/app traffic patterns, enabling us to identify and troubleshoot problems and provide a better navigation experience.
· Advertising cookies - these cookies help us in providing relevant ads to you, in measuring the performance of the advertisers’ campaign by analysing your interaction with the advertiser’s ads. For example, it helps us in determining the number of times users have clicked on advertiser’s ad and have visited the advertiser’s website.
In addition, we use web beacons which are small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) on our Platform. They are used together with cookies to identify our users and their behaviour.
· Do we have third-party cookies or plug-ins on our Platform?
Below are the third parties whom we allow to set cookies or other technologies on your device.
Advertising partners: Our Advertising partners may use targeting and advertising cookies to serve ads they believe are most likely to be of interest to you and to measure the effectiveness of such ads on our Platform.
Third Party Plug-ins:
Our Platform also uses plug-ins of third parties in the form of a share button for Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp and this list will be updated regularly. With the help of this share button, you can share our ad listings on the third parties’ platform provided that you are logged into these third parties. These third parties may be able to link your interaction with our platform to your account with them. Therefore, please read these third-party privacy policies before clicking on the share button.
· What can you do to delete, disable or block cookies?
Our browser will usually provide information on how to refuse, delete or block cookies. The following links will take you to that information on some of the commonly used browsers:
· Google Chrome
· Internet Explorer
· Mozilla Firefox
You may opt out of third-party cookies from Google Analytics through its ads settings or through https://adssettings.google.com
You may opt out of interest-based targeting cookies set by participating ad servers through the following websites powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance:
You can change your mobile device settings to control whether you see interest-based advertisements.
If you choose to block the cookies we set on our Platform, you may not be able to access all or part of our services, for example, you may not be able to save customized settings such as login information. You may be required to re-enter information on our Platform more often and certain features of the Platform may be unavailable.
Amendment to the policy
2 Why do we process your personal information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests to improve our Services and to provide you with a safe and secure Platform.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
In certain circumstances, we may also process your personal data based on your consent. If we do this, we will let you know the purpose and the category of personal data to be processed at the time we seek your consent.
We have set out below a description of the ways we use your personal data, [and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate].
· For providing access and delivering Services through our Platform
· If you log in using your mobile number or email id, we use your first name and last name, mobile number and/or e-mail address to identify you as a user and provide access to our Platform.
· We use your e-mail address and mobile number (by SMS) to make suggestions and recommendations to you about our Services that may be of interest to you.
We process the above information for the adequate performance of our contract with you and on the basis of our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you Services that may be of your interest.
· For improving your experience on the Platform and developing new functionalities of the Platform
We use clickstream data to
· offer you tailored content, such as giving you more relevant search results when using our Services.
· to determine how much time you spend on our Platform and in what manner you navigate through our Platform in order to understand your interests and to improve our Services based on this data. For example, we may provide you with suggestions on content that you can visit based on the contents you have clicked.
· to monitor and report the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis.
We use your location data for the following purposes:
· to compile anonymous and aggregated information about the characteristics and behaviour of GooNearby users, including for the purposes of business analysis, segmentation and development of anonymous profiles.
· to enhance the performance of our Services and to personalise the content we direct towards you. For example - with the help of location data we display ad listings which are in your vicinity to improve your buying experience.
· to measure and monitor your interaction with the third-party advertisements banners we place on our Platform.
With the help of your log-in information which includes your email ID, we map the different devices (such as desktop, mobile, tablets) used by you to access our Platform. This allows us to associate your activity on our Platform across devices and helps us in providing you a seamless experience no matter which device you use.
We process the above information on the basis of our legitimate interest to improve your experience on our Platform and for the adequate performance of our contract with you.
· To provide you with a safe and secure Platform
· We use your mobile number and/or e mail id, log data and unique device identifiers to administer and protect our Platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, fraud prevention, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
· We analyse your communications done through our chat feature for fraud prevention and to promote safety by blocking spam or abusive messages that may have been sent to you by any other user.
We process the above information for adequate performance of our contract with you, to improve our services and on the basis of our legitimate interest to prevent fraud.
3 How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. We will post changes on this page and will let you know through our Platform. If you do not agree with the changes, you may delete your account by going to account setting and select delete account.
4 Your right to request erasure
You have the right to delete or remove your personal data by reviewing your profile page on the app or website (Platform).
5 Communication and marketing
We will communicate with you by email, SMS or in app notification in connection with our Services/Platform to confirm your registration, to inform you in case your ad listing has become live/expired and for other transactional messages in relation to our Services. As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt -out of such messages.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you:
· have requested such information from us;
· use our Platform or Services;
· provided us with your details when you entered a competition; or
· registered for a promotion.
6 Who do we share your data with?
Corporate Affiliates: We may share your data with other GooNearby group companies which are located within as well as outside India and help us in providing business operation services such as product enhancements, customer support and fraud detection mechanism.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our Services for example, cloud storage facilities.
Advertising and analytics providers: In order to improve our Services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyse how people are using our Platform/Service. We, share your information with them in non-identifiable form for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis. For further details about our advertisers and analytics providers please refer to our Policy for Cookies.
Law enforcement authorities, regulators and others: We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulators, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy statement.
Publicly available information: When you post an item for sharing or renting using our Services, you may choose to make certain personal information visible to other GooNearby users. This may include your first name, last name, your email address, your age, your location and your contact number. Please note, any information you provide to other users can always be shared by them with others so please exercise discretion in this respect. This information is always termed as public information on which User do not have any proprietary rights.
7 Where do we store your data and for how long?
The data we collect about you will be stored and processed in secure servers in order to provide the best possible user experience. For example – for a fast website or mobile application build up.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
8 Technical and organisational measures and processing security
All the information we receive about you are stored on secure servers and we have employed commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Platform, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information GooNearby hold. GooNearby evaluates the security of its network and adequacy of its internal information security program which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of the GooNearby network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. As a result, while GooNearby try to protect the information GooNearby hold, GooNearby cannot guarantee the security of any information User transmit to GooNearby and Users do so at their own risk. User agree that GooNearby will not be hold liable for any breach of data.
The platform and its contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18). However, GooNearby have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our platform. If a minor has provided GooNearby with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact GooNearby at email@example.com for removal or delete of account.
10 Links to third-party websites
11 GooNearby reserves the right to remove, delete or block any listing/s or User at it’s sole discretion and to add or modify or create any listing/s on behalf of the User. User agrees to this unconditionally. GooNearby reserves it’s right to delete, remove, modify or block any chat messages/conversation between Users at it’s sole discretion and Users agrees to this unconditionally.
12 Your Consent
We may be required to disclose your personal information due to legal or regulatory requirements. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required in order to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders and warrants. We may also disclose information about users to law enforcement officers. You agree and acknowledge that we may not inform you prior to or after disclosures made according to this section.
In case of any grievances, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org